Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Wednesday morning thoughts

Well, no 171H in the post last evening. Should be soon--we hope.


My mind was bouncing around this morning on the drive in about when Ethiopia fell into our hearts. I remember the day, the answer came as a tiny whisper in my ear, a tiny click in my heart. Our state-side agency did not have an Ethiopian program when we started the process, so Amy and I were bouncing between China and India. When ever the one asked the other which country we like more, it was always a 50/50 split between the two--somedays one would have a 51/49 lead. One day Amy and her mom where working on the computer when Amy wanted to show her mom some photos of available children that our agent (Brenda) had sent us. When she opened her e-mail, there was a notice of the new program--I found out later that Amy had a similar feeling as I did when I saw it.

A few days later, Amy and I were in the office, when she showed me the e-mail from Brenda. That is when I heard the tiny whisper, "that is your answer." The only other time in my life I had ever know something so surely and quickly was when I looked into Amy's eyes for the first time. From the moment when the tears started, we both knew where our baby was/is.

When people ask us, Why Ethiopia?, we are not being flippant when we say, it was no decision at all--it is almost like it was chosen for us.

No comments: