Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Waiting game

We heard from our agent (Chris) and he has the dossier in hand, and will be checking it over so we are anxious to hear his feedback. The feeling of this process being totally out our hands is a new and weird one. Patience is usually one of my strongest suits, at least I have been told many times that is the case, but I find myself struggling with "eagerness." I take solace in the fact that each day that steps over the next into tomorrow is one day closed to our little girl being in our arms.

A strange song experience happened the other day at work. I was just sitting at my desk, deep into my work, the music from my headphones quietly behind me in the middle distance when a Paul Simon song crept into my ear, demanding to be heard. "Father & Daughter," I had never heard it before Monday. All I can say is that I am glad I'm in allergy season so if anyone asked why my eyes were watering, I had an easy out.

This song killed me. Sophia seemed so far away, but so much in my heart. I will have to post the lyrics soon.

Take care, all

No comments: