Thursday, July 19, 2007

We've got trouble right here in River City

We are using Adoption Avenues to handle our dossier during the authentication rounds in DC. We were unaware that we needed to send a copy of the I-171H instead of the original. Of course, the copy needs the "True Copy" statement notarized, certified, and authenticated.

Luckily, we still have time to react. In talking with Dr. Baila @ Adoption Aves I learned the dossier would have made the rounds in DC without trouble, but once it reached Ethiopia "we would have much bigger problems than this"--his words.

I wish this would have happened yesterday. Then, we would have a little more time to get this resolved this week instead of spilling over into the next. But I could not ask for anyone better to deal with than Dr. Baila. He handled this quickly and efficiently.

3 comments:

Lindsey and Cortney said...

Just a little speed bump. I know that you are very anxious to get it fixed first thing Monday!! Hope everything goes smoothly!

Lindsey and Cortney said...

One last question about the I171H. Did you get your homestudy in at the same time as your application? We submitted ours 2 weeks later so I wasn't sure when the clock started.

Dustin & Amy said...

Thanks for your words of encouragement--we are hoping to get that in the mail today and turn it around tomorrow.

We had our last home study visit on a Friday, submitted our I-600A the Tuesday after, and our completed home study was sent in my Adoption Assistance later that week. I wish I knew when they started the processing....hopefully you will get that official-looking envelope very soon.

In the meantime, I hope you dossier is coming together nicely.

Take care and keep in touch,