Wednesday, November 14, 2007

We have our travel date

We were gobsmacked with the sooner-than-expected referral and the quick court date, but nothing compared to the news we got today.

We leave next saturday...the one just after Thanksgiving!!!!!! November 24!!!!!!!! I guess that we will be packing our bags rather than putting up the tree on the Friday after.

We have so much left to do, but we know that we will get it all done in its own time. We are just basking the cloud that has enveloped us with the thought that she will be in our arms in two Mondays from now.

We are waiting to hear how long we will be there, but our miracle-worker Carol said she wants to get us there and back quickly.

We will be posting any and all updates that come in the next few days...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm confused...I thought you were leaving next week?!? Is it this coming saturday or the one immediately following Turkey Day?

What about black friday? What will we do without you guys spending money on this most holiest of days?

I strongly suggest flying a day early to DC...holiday air travel is WAY unpredictable.

Freeze...

Amy B. said...

So, did you guys get an earlier court date or are you traveling before your court date? I thought your court date was scheduled for the 28th...but you actually get to leave on the 24th. I am SHOCKED and so completely excited for you guys! I really can not believe how fast everything has gone. Let us know how everything goes :)
Amy

Dawn Sacre said...

Congratulations on your travel date!! I am so excited for you! I will be heading for Addis Monday! Maybe we will see each other there... it is not hard to spot all the AP's! I was wondering about your courtdate too. Did it change? Good luck with everything though, You guys are awesome! Dawn

Danni and Tommy said...

I am so excited for you guys! You will be holding her so soon!
Oh, and I love the colors of your nursery and the crib (I believe it's the exact one we have...very good choice) :)
I have the same questions about your court date? More importantly, I can't wait to hear all the details of you meeting that cute cute baby of yours! Happy packing!

Our Beautiful Disaster said...

YEAH!! Congratulations!! Maybe we'll see you around Addis... we arrive in Addis the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. Just look for people that look... ummm... American :) :)