Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Don't trust the DS-230, 33 a & b

When we filled out Sophia's Application for Immigration (DS-230), we checked the 'Yes' boxes for 33a and 33b. By checking these two, USCIS was supposed to share the information from our application with Social Security Administration to generate an SSN and send us her card.

Well, after two months of waiting, I gathered all our documents and headed for the local SSA field office. Needless to say, there was no record of this happening, no number generated, and no card on the way.

Has this option worked for anyone else?

1 comment:

The Wyatt Family said...

This is not a response to your post...but oh my goodness, I just want to say how beautiful Sophie is!! I cannot believe how much she has changed since the day you got her! She looks so happy and healthy and I LOVE HER HAIR!! So glad we found your site...You are doing much better keeping yours updated than we are. You are in our prayers - Robin Wyatt