Wednesday, August 29, 2007

It has been too long since last I posted

All is quiet on the baby girl adoption front. Chris (our agent) is back from vacation and is checking for any updates in our case. Not too much has noticeably moved forward in that last few weeks. So, in the place of any real news, I offer a few scattered thought.

This weeks mind-consuming-diversion thought: "I would like to play the cello again."

I do have a beef with Fischer Price. A few times throughout the day I stalk all the e-mail accounts for any shred of news about the adoption. I checked Amy's home account and my eyes keyed in on the subject line of an e e-mail from Fischer Price "Are you ready to bring baby home?" A flutter, a peak of excitement, and crashing disappointment--all in the span of about 1.2 seconds.

Flipping the channels last night I stopped on an ABC program called iCaught. I was caught by the segment about Parkour, or extreme running. I stayed with it for awhile. At the end, they have a regular segment called "3 words" that features viewer-submitted videos feature a three-word manta. Some people held up paper with their hand written messages to the camera, others wrote on their hands, arms, etc. One reduced me to tears. A mother holds her sign, "Adopting from China." Her son holds his. "Waiting for sister". And the water works ensued.

1 comment:

Lindsey and Cortney said...

I often wonder why I watch, listen to, and think about things that make me cry! But I continue to do all of the above. Where oh where are our referrals so we can have something real to blog about???? Have a good night!