Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Sophia's Mix

Over the last few months I have been collecting and collating songs that strike me for a "mix-tape" for Little Girl Sophia. I have imaged it playing softly from the corner of her nursery--the lifts and falls of each phrase carrying her off to Dreamland..

Here is what I have so far, in no particular order:

"Father and Daughter" -- Paul Simon
"Circle Dream" -- 10,000 Maniacs
"Rainbow Connection" -- Kermit or Sarah McLachlan
"Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World" -- Israel Kamakawo'ole
"Dreamland" -- Mary Chapin Carpenter
"Godspeed (Sweet Dreams)" -- Dixie Chicks
"Imagine" -- John Lennon or Chet Atkins (I haven't decided yet)
"Nothing but a Child" -- Steve Earle
Something my Andrea Bocelli, maybe "Ave Maria"

More to come later

2 comments:

Amy B. said...

I love that! I did the exact same thing for our 2 year old...she listens to it every night and at nap time too. I hope our little Nathan enjoys it just as much. Amy

Anonymous said...

Chad put two of the same songs on mine and Marin's mix cd..."Rainbow Connection" and "Somewhere over the Rainbow"! I guess little girls make their daddies think of rainbows!